View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Default Only one current Australian Phosphate producer

I've just read through an incredibly detailed review of Phosphate export prices achieved over the last couple of months from around the world.

"The phosphates market remains very firm with near-term DAP/MAP supply extremely tight. Those producers and traders with product are in no hurry to sell and there has been no price discovery out of Tampa this week. In terms of price movements, Russian DAP has been placed in Iran at around $440/tonne FOB, which is the benchmark level now being asked in other markets. Asking prices for Chinese DAP have risen to around $500/tonne FOB on tight supply."

AS you all know Australia has one Phosphate producer IPL and MAK's Wonarah is all but there and we have another, KRB, that is a little further away from production but has DSO and is very near to transport and IPL's Phosphate Hill Mine and could be in production by early 2011.

MAK has a huge amount of Phosphate (around 3x as much as IPL's 80MT) and KRB have a potentially large amount that is in the discovery/drilling phase. All three have JORC deposits that are near transport.

But the real point of my post is in the image

I know that there are a lot of people out there with a lot more knowledge than I have and I would be grateful on their take as to whether we are seeing the early part of the Phosphate lift off....

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.