Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > Australian Rare Earths

Old 10-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Default World REEs deposits, compositions, light and heavy REEs

I've just been going through the different deposits and compositions.

GGG
4,570,000 T of REEs
Mkt Cap $89m

LYC
1,183,000 T of REEs (Mar 2008)
$643m

ARU
840,000 T REES (Nov 2008)
$250m

NAV
72,000 t REEs (Jan 2009)
$45m

So purely in terms of REEs and leaving out the uranium, gold, tantalum and whatever else I get the following:

One million dollars buys this many tons of REEs

GGG 51348
ARU 3360
LYC 1839
NAV 1600

In essence LYC, ARU and probably NAV have pretty similar distributions of heavy and light REEs.

The giant China Baiyonebu field (slightly smaller than GGG's) is said to be richest in light REEs. But I haven't seen a breakdown of their deposits.

Navigator is interesting in that they have a lot more to do re drilling and could have a fair bit more up their sleeve. They have recently increased their grades. A recent report suggests that NAV are at present only being valued on their gold resource that is around 1m ozs.

The ratios of heavy to light REEs for GGG is unknown to me, but the credits from the NaF are impressive as are the uraniums... but ARU and NAV also have the latter.

I will make up a table of what has been published including prices of the different REO's, the size of the JORC deposits etc. But I think it will be beyond my skills set to go much further with the credits for the other substances. For instance is 12% phosphate worth much if it needs wet benefication in a dry region?

And how much does it cost China to produce its REO as they are by and large a by product of iron mining etc.

There is most definitely a "REE war" going on and yet look at what has happened to the share prices.... there is a contradiction taking place.

But this is why I am so interested. I think that our (index huggers) brokers haven't got there yet and that is why we have a chance to make a good profit.... but specialty metals are also a good place to lose money... witness WVL.

Finally I think that there is some recent "social" movement towards allowing the GGG project to move forwards... but time will tell. I bet China is in there agitating for it to be stopped... but that is a highly personal observation. But look at how cheap their REEs are for me that makes it a worthwhile bet.

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Alite
Default REO Comparison

Sparty, I love your work.
GGG may well have the biggest untapped resource of REO but I read that Greenland elected a government that is against and mining of uranium (which is a byproduct of the REO mining intended by GGG). This negates the advantage of Greenland's growing independence from Denmark. Sovereign risk here is big.
Having said that I have bought an "interest stake" in GGG.

Alite

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Hi Alite,
I think that the sovereign risks are slowly abating and that Greenland's occupants are becoming more accepting of Uranium mining. (Part of this will be in relation to their 66,000 people becoming amongst the richest in the world)

Check out the recent additions to GGG's board of directors.

But again high risk high reward.

Sparty

Tags
composition of rees, rees, reo, world rees, world reo