Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > Australian Rare Earths

Old 03-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Administrator

Default The Next Golden Age an investors dream

This article "Get Ready for the Next Golden Age - 2012-03-13" is interesting as it goes against the conventional wisdom with its' happier outlook but it made me think of a couple of issues I have been mulling over for the last couple of years: I wonder if the demographics based economists have considered the shift from one - two child families to much larger families that are now coming with the change in the racial make-up of the USA? http://www.prb.org/Articles/2004/Lat...ofAmerica.aspx

As America becomes progressively more Hispanic/Latino it wouldn't be surprising to see the changes detailed above be more powerful and arrive sooner than the doomsayer's such as H. Dent et al predict.

The fly in the ointment will be as the USA along with other "advanced" nations shift from the current carbon economy to the emerging electron economy, the availability of the substrates-resources to put the electrons to work will be in short supply.

These substrates include the rare earth elements, copper, silver, vanadium, lithium etc.

We are already seeing the first shots in the rare earth's war with the USA challenging China in the world/international trade court and here in Australia, as well as Africa and South America and even Greenland China buying up resources.

Australian-Shares.com has a vast amount of information about these resources.

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.