PDA

View Full Version : Campaign to destabilise Australia's CSM

Sparty
09-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Over the last few days there seems to be a campaign to destabilise Australia's Coal Seam methane sector.

Basically I have seen the same stories repeated by three influential sources during the past week. They are all singing from the same song sheet and it seems that at least one large LNG player has its' nose seriously out of joint. Perhaps not suprising as its share price has declined while the CSM's have boomed.

Last year we saw the same type of attack by Petroleumnews.net's slugcatcher who likened CSM to sipping gas through a tight straw. As I remember it Sluggie thought that the CSM sector was a joke. I guess the joke is on him but expect a lot of negative stories to emerge that unless your from the NW Shelf you haven't got a chance to make a go of LNG -especialy if you have anything to do with CSM.

I wonder if the campaign is aimed at clobbering STO? The darker side of my mind leads me to think that perhaps one of the biggies is behind the media effort... and that they are seeking to takeout some of the competition.... STO would be my choice as of September those that reviewed the STO data can now make a hostile bid....

I get the feeling that the weaker hands are being shaken out....