Thread: Coal to WAX
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Default Tell us about Montan Wax

I just Googled Montan Wax...

Rohan I think we need more info as to why this is such a huge market.

As you know just one UCG-GTL plant can produce around 20,000 BOE per day. LNC has a couple of billion tons of suitable coal that can be converted via UCG-GTL to around 3 billion BOE. LNC recently estimated that they can produce 20,000 BOE per day for 250 years.

CTP has around 1.5 trillion tons of UCG suitable coal with 90m thick seams at Perdika meaning that they can produce somewhere around a few trillion BOE over the next few centuries.

(The cost of producing a BOE via UCG-GTL is estimated between AUD$28 - 35.)

The argument I have been putting forward is that Australia in reality is the next OIL Saudi as well as the world's Uranium honeypot and that we can power our own economy using GAS and Hot Rock Energy.

What concerns me is that our Govt. lacks the knowledge to pick winners but that is what it is doing. Witness Anna Bligh all but banning UCG in favor of CSM and our Federal Govt not even recognizing the existence of UCG-GTL.

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.