Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > Gas

Old 11-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Administrator

Default Australia has vast, under explored, areas with oil and gas basins

"By 2030, up to $17 trillion will be invested in mineral and oil and gas projects in lower-income countries."

"The business of extracting resources could be increasingly lucrative in the years ahead, and it is crucial to the economic prospects of many countries. But it is also likely to become riskier and more complex, requiring extractive companies in both mining and oil and gas to rethink their business models. Specifically, that means shifting from an extraction mind-set to a development one in what we call "frontier regions" places with unstable business and legal environments.

Extractive companies must systematically learn the priorities of host governments and local communities, then forge partnerships to deliver on them. Such an approach can defuse tensions before they arise and make for a less volatile operating environment." I do urge you to read the article in full.

The shift to frontier regions is likely to be fraught with hazards ranging from sovereign risk as highlighted in bold above. However I'd like to point out that Australia has vast, under explored, areas with oil and gas basins that we previously thought to be sub-economic and this coupled with Australia having a strong legal framework and stable business practices will make Australia a prime destination for the coming oil and gas extraction bonanza.

I suggest that you have a look at the following companies that I have chosen on the basis of them having very large, largely unexplored, potentially huge oil and gas leases coupled with very small market caps in areas with little if any land suitable for agriculture and with very low populations.

Given the social unrest that is dogging the companies involved with gas and oil extraction in areas of higher population density and land with high agriculture values it seems more than likely that the companies below will become the future gas and oil producers that will enjoy widespread support from both our governments and people.

Central Petroleum (ASX: CTP)

Armour Energy

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Administrator

Default Blue Energy

Blue Energy

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.