Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > Geothermal

Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Default Govt's picking renewable energy winners and Australia will be the loser

This weekends Financial Review P. 28 Perspectives: has a rather interesting and perhaps scathing article on the Rudd's govt's playing favourites in its choice of which alternative / green energy plays to support.

The most pleasing part for me was the recognition of Geothermal - Hot Rock Energy being the most likely emmission free technology to produce base load electricity at a very comparable cost.

The article's heading: "The Wrong Alternative" and sub-heading: The Government is picking renewable energy winners and Australia could be the loser by very respected writer Brian Toohey should act as a wakeup call. The cost analysis in the second column should send shivers down their (and our) collective spines....

To get up to speed on Geothermal energy have a quick look here: www.hotrockenergy.com. I've tried to make it as easy as possible to understand the technologies' three basic types and the investment opportunities....

Futher on in the Fin there are other articles on Geothermal / Hot Rock Energy that are clearly erroneus... and of course when they get it so wrong it means that early investors can do very well.

In particular the ideation that Hot Rocks are only found in very remote parts of Australia is very wrong... Have a look at KEN Kuth Energy with their hot rocks equalling the Very remote South Australian Paralana's just under the Bass link grid....Also have a look at TEY

I hold KEN, PTR, SAU,GRK, at the moment.

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Tags
choosing winners, dumb government, geothermal, hot rock energy