Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > Gas to Liquids

Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 AM
echidna_nz

Default Wattsun Tracker Inquiry - Southern Hemisphere wiring for dip switch #3. Please help.

Hi,

I'm sorry to have to say that Wattsun have not been forthcoming in helping setup the AZ-225 Tracker with Manual Controls for the Southern Hemisphere. I'm asking for help from anyone about the wiring as I don't seam to be able to find the correct solution. If you could please take the time to see my problem below and reply as any help would be much appreciated.

The tracker is powered from the battery via Inverter and PS5R-SF24 AC-DC converter @ 24Volts and is correct.
All dip switches are in factory default positions EXCEPT FOR DIP SWITCH #3 WHICH I HAVE CHANGED TO THE DOWN POSITION to “Return to East at dusk and stow flat at night”. This is very important to me as I experience high winds that travel up the coast and pass my location.

Please see attached document “V3.3 CONTROLLER WIRING FOR SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE” from Wattsun about Southern Hemisphere Controller Wiring.
Step 1. Rotate the Sensor. No problem.
Step 2. NOT for Manual Control, Skip.
Step 3. Change the wires behind the Manual/Auto switch on the Manual Control Board from White/Green Black/Red to Green/White Red/Black. No problem.
Step 4. Quote: ”The Manual Control Labels will be correct in respect to N,S,E & W directions” Well ok now East/West is correct BUT NORHT/SOUTH IS REVERSED I mean the arrow that points down (North) now elevates the tracker and the arrow that points up (South) now lowers the tracker to lay flat which for the southern hemisphere I guess is correct. i.e. North to elevate?
(Please see photo on page1 of attached document “MANCONIN_AZ-125-AZ-225_with_V3-3_Sensor”)
Step 5. Don’t change anything else like the motor wires which I haven’t and checked.
Step 6. Troubleshooting: I have also checked these issues mentioned. No problems.

THE TRACKER WORKS EAST/WEST AND NORTH/SOUTH DURING THE DAY BUT AT DUSK IT WILL RETURN TO EAST AND ELEVATE TO MAX 75 DEGREE ANGLE INSTAED OF LAYING FLAT!

Therefore I’ve taken the liberty to try both Steps 2 & 3 in different combinations and still have had no luck! I mean if I change the wiring so that the tracker WILL lay flat at night then it WILL NOT elevate during the day! And yes I have double checked wiring connections at the motor and the Azimuth terminal strip.

Can anyone help please? What can be wrong?
Once again your help would be much appreciated thanks.
Regards,

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.