Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > Australian Rare Earths

Old 01-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Default Make gold out of rare earth stocks

The article "my commodity online" reproduced below encapsulates my belief that the REEs offer a massive investment opportunity. Of interest, at least to me, is that Dines and I have come to almost exactly the same conclusions about where to invest to take advantage of the coming turbulence. Over the last few years I have extensively studied what is involved in the shift to the coming "electron economy".

I have published a suite of energy related websites that explore these options and directions from the Australian point of view and as a result have been given valuable feedback from readers who have pointed out errors, facts that I have ignored, my areas of ignorance and hence the sites have performed their primary motivation of increasing and refining my understanding of these quite complex areas.

Dines has made a couple of errors in the article below and in particular doesn't seem to grasp the fact that Australia controls as much REEs as China. The Australian investment public hasn't grasped this either and hence Australian ASX listed companies have around 50% of the world's economic REE deposits and the whole sector has a market cap of less than 1.5 billion Australian dollars. www.AustralianRareEarths.com explores and details much of the information that someone interested in investing in this area should know.

My other sites

Australian Shares Energy & Mining
australianuranium.com.au
australian-gold.com
ucg-gtl.com
hotrockenergy.com
australian-gas.com
australian-lithium.com
australian-phosphate.com

provide a similar starting point for the retail investor interested in the coming "electron economy".

my Commodity Online

If you are an investor rushing into gold seeking 'safe haven' or unsure which stocks to invest in, veteran forecaster James Dines has this advice: Make gold out of rare earth stocks. Rare earths such as lanthanum, cerium, neodymium and many others are used in several emerging technologies such as wind energy, hybrid cars and electronic gadgets like mobile phones. But 97% of the supplies of rare earth metals are with China and they have threatened to cut supplies to the rest of the world.

But Dines assures you that 3% of the available resources are there for you to tap. These stocks which he has been monitoring from 2001 has zoomed 813%, 1,148%, 3,775% respectively since September 2008 (Ofcourse to know more about it, you need to subscribe to Dines Newsletter). Sounds unbelievable. But James Dines has a multi-decade track record of successful predcitons. "Out of James Dines’ last 21 annual forecasts for the Dow Jones Industrial Average, 19 were 100% correct. We know of no other financial analyst in the US or internationally to have surpassed or even matched that track record," his website claims.

Dines predicted the gold price crash of 1982, the equities bear market that started in 1966, recommended internet stocks that soared 1000% in six years time but consequently bottomed out, predicted the 1997 South East Asian currency crisis, the 9/11 incident that shocked the equity markets among others.

Rare Earths
Here are some of the reasons why James Dine is bullish on rare earths. A single 3MW wind mill requires 700 pounds of neodymium, a Toyota Pirius Hybrid requires 65 pounds of rare earths. Starting 2010, China planst to save greater quantities of rare earths for domestic use by raising export taxes, reducing export quotas. Chinese Government believes that currently neodymium is cheaply priced and if they export more, country would exhaust its resources in 20 years time.

Get historic quotes on India gold, silver futures

The world's first rare earth index, Dines Rare Earth Index composed of rare earth stocks had gone up 507% on an annualised basis in October 2009. However, Dines cautions us not to put all eggs in one basket. He points out that gold and silver are also worthy investment. "Only gold and silver are the only assets that climb on mass fear." The fear to seek a 'safe haven' could catapult gold to $3000 to $5000 while silver could rise to $100. Dines continues extremely positive on gold (although he thinks silver will outperform it in the near term) and uranium. In his issue published in mid-December, Dines rated himself as positive on bullion with a short-term stop at $1024 ("no long-term major stop"); negative (presciently) on bonds and positive short-term on stocks. But he did note that six of the 30 world stock markets he charts have broken uptrends, which "puts us on alert."

Dines believes that fundamental analysis helps to find what to buy but not when to buy but his own visual analysis through point and figure charts and analysis of mass psychology helps investors earn more returns on their hard earned money.

MarketWatch has voted The Dines Letter as their 2009 Investment Letter of the Year. Dines got off to a strong start in 2009, showing his strategic and tactical strengths, according to Peter Brimelow in MarketWatch. Subsequently, Dines unveiled his "rare earths" portfolio, focused on trace elements that he says are essential to computerization. It did very well for him. Dines wrote recently: "The Consolidation of the Rare Earths has probably come down far enough and buying programs should be resumed in Rare Element Resources Ltd. (RRLM.F 3.88, +0.27, +7.38%) , Quest Uranium Corp. (QSUR.F 3.23, +0.28, +9.51%) and, for long-term, patient money, Avalon Rare Metals Inc. (AVAR.F 0.54, +0.02, +4.74%) will probably be acquired by a large company at much higher prices."

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:46 PM
MathewBracken

Default Stocks trading

Good thoughts. I like it.

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 AM
kristinapetrico

We all know that gold is one of the valuable things here on earth and i think that his value increases every year.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 AM
aimeeTyler

Great information you have here! I never thought that rare earths can be made as valuable as gold today. Well, it's really a good source in some upgraded inventions we have now.

Tags
australian rare earths, dines, electron-economy., rare earths