Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > General

Old 01-29-2021, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Default Silver @ the heart of green energy revolution

A lot is written about the importance of silver for the "green energy" revolution.

So it seems likely that this is going to be more than a little interesting.....

Silver surged by over 5% last night helped, it seems, in no small part by the now infamous WSB or WallStreetBets reddit group that saw the likes of GameStop shares surge by 1700% in days. Their headline is “THE BIGGEST SHORT SQUEEZE IN THE WORLD $SLV Silver $25 to $1000”. Trade in our Silver Standard (AGS) silver backed tokens last night on CoinSpot was huge. So what is WSB about?
WSB are a reddit community of over 2m who both capitalistically and simultaneously altruistically bid in a coordinated manner heavily shorted shares such as GameStop. Loved by participants and cheerleaders for the ‘little guy’ and equally loathed by Wall St hedge fund managers getting whacked and their guardian SEC, they have proven the power of the internet forum and use of platforms like Robinhood. When we say ‘altruistically’, they have tended to favour companies dear to their heart like GameStop or hurt by COVID like AMC movie theatres. Silver, rather than gold, is often the preferred metal for such investors given the relative technical upside potential and it being the ‘everyday person’s metal’ along with the added background narrative of its price being suppressed by the Wall Street short sellers.

Read full article

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Default silver looks to becoming hard to get - Beyond Reddit and WSB

AG: 2,549.8 Moz (79,308 t) in 2018
Annual mine production in 2018 was 27,000 tonnes

For gold, the consensus is there are about 190,000 metric tonnes above ground yearly mine production amounts to 3,260 tonnes (2018)

Silver however, is mined [primarily] as a by-product. In order to mine one ounce of silver as a primary metal, the cost associated with it is similar to the cost of mining one ounce of gold and with silver trading around [$17 – $18] an ounce and would not even be close to profitable when the mining costs are factored in. Currently we mine around six hundred million ounces of silver each year while industry consumes about eight hundred and seventy million ounces.

At the end of 2015 there were some 2.3 billion ounces of identifiable .999 fine silver bullion the vast majority of which are owned by investors in silver vaults and bonded silver warehouses.

Naturally occuring, available quantity of gold/silver has a ratio of 1:8, yet the price ratio is ~1:70!

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:43 AM
Administrator

Default Australia has third largest silver reserves

https://pubs.usgs.gov/periodicals/mc...020-silver.pdf

And it seems likely that one small Silver player (ASX: IVR) is on the verge of discovering a new silver province in South Australia.

https://investres.com.au/wp-content/...1/02313875.pdf

(N.B. I hold IVR so do not take this as investment advice as I only know what has been published)

Old 03-17-2021, 03:14 AM
Administrator

Default ASX: IVR bonanza grades: include 15.7m @ 1,084g/t Silver

It isn't often that you see silver grades like these published in Investigator Resources ASX in today's announcement:

• Significant results include:
o Line 0.25
 26m @ 674g/t Silver from 52m in hole PPDH166; including
 15.7m @ 1,084g/t Silver from 53m
 31m @ 336g/t Silver from 44m in hole PPRC665 (twin to PPDH166 above);
 including 22m @ 453g/t Silver from 51m
o Line 0
 20m @ 134g/t Silver from 107m in hole PPRC662; including
 12m @ 177g/t Silver from 111m
o Line 0.5
 16m @ 261g/t Silver from 94m in hole PPRC520; including
 14m @ 294g/t Silver from 96m
 Hole PPRC536:
 2m @ 191g/t Silver from 82m; and
 1m @ 116g/t Silver from 87m; and
 10m @ 144g/t Silver from 104m; including
 6m @ 211g/t Silver from 104m
Investigator Resources Limited (ASX: IVR, “Investigator” or the “Company”) is pleased to report further assay results from the 20,500m infill drilling campaign completed in December 2020 at its 100% owned Paris Silver Project in South Australia.
The Paris Silver Project is the highest-grade undeveloped primary silver project in Australia. With a JORC 2012 resource estimate of 9.3 Mt @ 139g/t silver and 0.6% Pb for 42 Moz contained silver and 55 kt contained lead, Paris is a shallow, high-grade silver deposit amenable to open pit mining.

Please note that I not qualified to give investment advice and I only know what has been published so DO NOT TAKE THIS AS INVESTMENT ADVICE