Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > Gas
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Administrator

Default China's golden age of gas is starting ASX: SEH right there.

IEA

However, it said demand for cleaner-burning natural gas was likely to grow in China as air quality concerns prompted authorities to take measures to reduce pollution

"Driven by booming demand, the 'Golden Age' of natural gas that is now firmly established in North America will expand to China over the next five years," said the IEA.

"The power, industrial and transport sectors will drive overall Chinese gas demand to 315 billion cubic meters in 2019, an increase of 90 percent over the forecast period."

The energy analysis arm of the OECD group of advanced countries said China was also set to benefit from a boom in gas production.

"While China will remain a significant importer, half of its new gas demand will be met by domestic resources, most of them unconventional: Chinese production is set to grow by 65 percent, from 117 bcm (billion cubic metres) in 2013 to 193 bcm in 2019," said the IEA.

So the next question is: How do an Australian investor profit from such a huge growth spurt in gas requirements?

Do you invest in LNG export or in a Johny on the spot? This is where I like the look of ASX; Sino Energy ASX: SEH as they are right in the heart of China. Read more

Below are some of my earlier posts on SEH

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.