Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > Gas
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Administrator

Default Natural gas to meet world energy demand

A confirmation of the trend towards the use of LNG to fill the "green" gap?

http://www.petroleumnews.net

NATURAL gas offers the fastest and most efficient way to diversify and expand an energy portfolio to meet growing worldwide demand, according to Chevron Australia managing director Roy Krzywosinski.

Speaking at the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association conference in Brisbane today, Kryzwosinski said natural gas in Asia was expected to more than double from 2005 to 2030 to around 30 trillion cubic feet per year, with China and India to be the biggest consumers.

To get an idea of the Australian Gas scene please visit www.Australian-Gas.com

And to find out where to invest in Australia's enormous emerging UCG-GTL
(underground coal gasification - gas to liquids) energy transformation that will lead to Australia becoming one of the world's largest gas to liquids players please visit http://www.ucg-gtl.com

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Nicolas_Thomas

Hey!!!
I am Nicolas Thomas. I am a new member. I liked your informative post. Thanks for increasing my area of knowledge...

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 PM
adiconfidence

Natural gas is running about $8 mmBTU, and since most gas fired plants were built with anticipated prices of between $2-3 mmBTU, many gas fired plants are offline.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:29 AM
Administrator

I think that we will see quite a few problems with Australia's east coast gas users being starved for gas once our LNG exports really get going. Onshore gas prices will soar and there will be a scarcity of actual gas as forward export contracts are in place.