Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > UCG (undeground coal gasification)

Old 04-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Default Does LINC have a third business?

LNC's Emerald's semi-soft coking coal

LINC Energy is one of Australia's most established UCG players and has an up and running UCG - GTL plant and a syngas fired power generator under its belt. (Not to mention several overseas plays)

"At this time, the conceptual mine study had identified a high value underground longwall mine development option yielding 3.8 Mtpa of product coal over a 30 year LoM, with 2.5 Mtpa of semi-soft coking coal being produced."

Emerald Deposit: Coal 852,000,000t 852Mt Grade 100 % Inferred

Does this mean that LNC could have a profitable coal mine in the context of the rise of the coking coal prices?

By Interactive Investor, March 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM

SEOUL, March 30 (Reuters) - South Korea's POSCO, the world's No.4 steelmaker, has agreed to pay $167 per tonne for its April-June soft coking coal imports with Anglo-Swiss miner Xstrata, an industry source with knowledge of the deal said on Tuesday.

Coal ~3,800,000Mtpa X $167 = $634m per year

Semi soft coking coal 2.5Mtpa x $167 = $417m per year

Mining and shipping costs would be around?

Looks like LNC could have another business stream?

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Default High value, underground longwall mine: 3.8 million tonnes per annum of product coal

The Company commissioned MineCraft Consulting to complete a Conceptual Mine Development Study for the Emerald resource. This identified a high value, underground longwall mine development yielding 3.8 million tonnes per annum of product coal over a 30 year life, with about 2.5 million tonnes per annum of semi-soft coking coal, and 1.3 million tonnes per annum of good quality thermal coal. A similar conceptual mine plan has been completed for the Pentland resource, whilst one is currently underway for the Galilee tenemenU both by Xenith Consulting.

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.