Australian Rare Earths

Australian Alternative Energy Forum

Not Really a Forum, more of my memory aid.

Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forums > Alternative Energy Discussion > General
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Default World liquid fuels use projected to rise 38% by 2040

World liquid fuels use projected to rise 38% by 2040

According to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) International Energy Outlook 2014 (IEO2014) , world petroleum and other liquid fuels consumption will increase 38% by 2040, spurred by increased demand in the developing Asia and Middle East.

EIA Administrator Adam Sieminski commented: ?The growth outlook for liquid fuels use will be largely driven by demand in the developing world, especially in Asia and the Middle East. Those two regions combined account for 85% of the total increase in liquid fuels used worldwide over that period?.

Liquids other than crude and lease condensate - including natural gas plant liquids (NGPL), biofuels, coal to liquids (CTL), gas to liquids (GTL), kerogen (oil shale), and refinery gain - currently supply a relatively small portion of total world petroleum and other liquid fuels, accounting for approximately 14% of the total in 2010. However, they are expected to grow in importance, rising to 17% of total liquid fuels in 2040. Read full article

Interestingly the last paragraph I've excerpted doesn't include the underground coal gasification-gas to liquids ( UCG-GTL ) process that Linc Energy and a couple of others are currently developing. I single out LINC ENERGY for mention as they are the ones that have actually demonstrated that it can be done. The significance of Linc's work is that the world's vast amounts of uneconomic to mine coal can be used with a far lesser environmental impact to produce liquid fuel (Diesel) that is almost free of particulates and other pollutants than any of the other processes mentioned.

Disclaimer: The author of this post, may or may not be a shareholder of any of the companies mentioned in this column. No company mentioned has sponsored or paid for this content. Comments on this forum should never be taken as investment advice.